- When your bins are presented at the kerbside make sure there is space between bins, the wheelie bin truck needs to be able to pick bins up and place them down again;
- Make sure the wheels of the bin are nearest your property;
- Do not place bins under trees that have overhanging branches;
- Do not place bins beside posts;
- Do not overfill your bins. Overfilled or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
MAMS Group Responsibilities
All wheelie bins in the Hinchinbrook shire are the property of the MAMS Group, therefore the MAMS Group is responsible for maintenance and replacing damaged lids, pins, missing wheels and whole bins if necessary.
To have repairs made to your bin, please contact our friendly staff on 4776 5055 or visit us at our depot at 21 Challands Street.
Hinchinbrook Shire Council Responsibilities
The Hinchinbrook Shire Council is responsible for determining safe bin placement for wheelie bin collection. Householders should contact the Council if they have any concerns with placement of their wheelie bins.
It is the responsibility of the Householder to place their bins out for service each week by 6.00am the morning of their service day and to retrieve the wheelie bins after they have been serviced, unless residents live in the Rural Areas where they have been requested by Council to leave their wheelie bins in a specific Bin Bank or Place. Householders are also responsible for the safe keeping of their wheelie bins.
The MAMS Group has manufactured a compactor to compact co-mingled recycling collected from kerbside collection into a fully enclosed shipping container for transportation to Regroup Recycling Processing Plant in Townsville for sorting.